Discuss the title of the play and the metaphor of Nora as a doll.
This essay of at least 750 words must discuss symbols and metaphors used in Ibsen’s “A Doll’s House” and should include the following components:
1) Discuss the title of the play and the metaphor of Nora as a doll.
2) Discuss the symbolism of the Christmas tree.
3) Discuss the symbolism of Nora’s costume and the tarantella that she dances at the party.
4) Expand your discussion to include other symbols and metaphors throughout the play
* Do NOT give your essay a title.
* I will expect your essay to have a “hook.” Not sure what that is? Take a look at the Helpful Resources section.
* The author’s name and the title of the literary work must appear in the introductory paragraph.
* You must have a thesis in your introduction that provides the reader with the main idea for the essay and you must stick to this thesis.
* You must have direct quotes from the literary work to support all of the major ideas expressed in your essay.
* All quotes must have MLA formatted in-text citations.
* Your essay must have the MLA heading at the top of the first page.
* All essays must be a minimum of 500 words in length unless specified otherwise in individual assignment instructions.
* You always discuss literature in the present tense, NOT past tense.
* Do not write in 2nd person. No “you”.
* Do not include unnecessary contractions. Unless it is part of a quote, you should not have contractions.