What is religion and what are the implications of this definition?
Answer these 5 questions in a 3-5 page paper. The paper is worth 30 points (30% of your final grade). 15 points are for showing you have understood and engaged with the class material. 10 points for having correctly explained the material and shown analysis of the content. 5 points for clarity of presentation (no errors, correct sentence structure, etc.).
1. What is religion and what are the implications of this definition? What is philosophy?
2. What is reason (in itself, in its use, and in us)? What is faith?
3. Give the argument to show that something must be eternal. Give the argument to show that matter is not eternal.
4. Give the argument to show that the mind is not the brain. Give the argument to show that the soul is the most immediately known.
5. Why did young Augustine love to disobey? What was the consequence for Augustine in not loving God?