What methods may be used by public health professionals to influence policy?
Part 1—Key Factors/Impact (half page):
○ Force Field Analysis: What key factors (forces) impact policymaking? What forces facilitate policymaking (i.e., driving forces)? What forces hinder policymaking (i.e., restraining forces)?
○ Influencing Policy: What methods may be used by public health professionals to influence policy?
● Part 2—Role of Public Health Leaders (half page):
○ Supporting the Driving Forces: Explain the role that public health leaders can play in supporting the driving forces for the policymaking process.
○ Mitigating the Restraining Forces: Explain the role that public health leaders can play in mitigating the restraining forces of the policymaking
● Part 3—Policymaking Process (complete Worksheet): Please complete the Policymaking Process Worksheet. Once competed, insert this information in the Word document used for the other parts.
● Part 4—Legislative Testimony (half page): How would you develop legislative testimony? Discuss the best practices for influencing legislative bodies using health advocacy methods.
● Part 5—Advocacy Product (one page): Develop a one-page fact sheet for your selected public health issue. Imagine a professional audience for this fact sheet (i.e., training the workforce). The fact sheet should be informative and offer a focused interpretation of evidence