What were the results and consequences of the study?
Read Racism and Research: The Case of the Tuskegee Syphilis Study by Allan M. Brandt and answer the following questions.
In your own words, write 1-2 paragraphs describing the events presented in the essay. Answer each of the following specific questions in your response:
a. What were the main discussion points of the essay?
b. What were the results and consequences of the study?
c. Would it be acceptable to replicate this study today? Why? Or Why not?
d. Was this study ethical/unethical? Explain why.
Using one of the three major sociological perspectives presented in this course (Functional, Conflict, or Symbolic Interactionist), explain the events described in the essay. For the sociological perspective you choose, apply the perspective to the article and draw one or more conclusions from your analysis. This is practice in theory application. You are to view this scenario through the lens of the theory you have chosen.
• Assignment will consist of cover sheet (name, class, date, Professor)
• Use APA format (which includes an abstract)
• Each question must be at least 1-2 paragraphs
• A Work Cited/Bibliography page
• You must have at least one citation, the article you read (Brandt)
• You need to cite Brandt in the text of your paper as well as list it as a source in your bibliography.