Why is there a need for project management in organisations?
1. Why did Fleur’s Flowers struggle?
● Too many orders
● Lack of communication with stakeholders
● Time sensitive-needed to plan time well /Scheduling
● Lacked a strategy for intl orders
● Unable to leverage new employees
● Quality management
● No processes
2. What were the specific PM solutions that were introduced by Chelsea that worked? Why?
● Leverage tech – scheduling, budget, communication: efficient and effective, she’s an effective communicator
● Trained employees
● Processes to manage risk – reduced unforeseen challenges
● PM Manual –
● Formal PM Processes
3. Why is there a need for project management in organisations?
● In order to have things plans out
● not acting in the moment to make better decisions
● plans & goals,
● Effective communication
● To have a guide to success
● Allocate resources effectively and efficiently
● Market research
● Solve logistical problem – common errors
4. Which of the 4 of 10 knowledge areas would best work? Why?
5. Fleur’s Flowers is a technology-integrated business, but Chelsea is not technically knowledgeable, will she continue to be a successful project manager?